How does a 3-8 team beat an 8-3 team?
1) Play against a team who has Chase Daniel as its backup.
2) Daniel starts.
3) Daniel throws a pick 6 to Ogletree.
4) Daniel underthrows a wide open TD and instead provides a pick INT #2 to Ogletree.
5) Have Barkley the magician manufacture 22 yards at the end of H1 on 3rd & 23 leading to ….
6) Rosas knocks down a 57 yarder.
7) Use OBJ on a flea flicker to throw a 50 yd TD to an uncovered Russell Shepard.
8) Fail three times at goal line and have OBJ get lost in the wash on a 4th down TD across the entire Defensive unit.
9) Despite Shurmur being a moron and not running the ball on 3rd & 8 at the CHI 30, and despite Eli being a moron/rookie and taking a 9 yd sack preventing a FG winning the game, the Bears cough up the ball at their 13 yd line on the next possession so that the Giants hold on with the sealed score. Oh wait. Give up 10 pts via an onside kick.
10) Play against Chase Daniel (again, for effect).
11) Have Daniel fumble a snap.
12) Have Daniel fumble a snap (this time not for effect, happened twice in OT).
Smoke and mirrors does not do this win justice. A non-garbage QB guides the Bears to an easy victory. The Giants outplayed the Bears when it counted and deserved the W. Do not misunderstand the message- this was a nice win. If the Giants would have found a way to lose it would have be an epic implosion. Thank goodness they hung on.